I’m excited to announce that RoodonFood was nominated for a Liebster award by Life is Like a Dumpling. If you haven’t visited her site before, please do. She tells fun travel stories alongside amazing recipes.
Post 11 random facts about yourself.
Answer the 11 questions made by the person who nominated you.
Create 11 questions for the bloggers you pass the award to.
Choose 11 bloggers to pass the award to and mention them in your post.
Go to their blogs and let them know that they have been nominated.
11 random facts about me:
1) I’ve spent about half my life in the Northern US (NJ and New York) and half in the Southern U.S (Mostly Tennessee and a little Alabama).
2) I’m left-handed along with about 10% of the world’s population.
3) My favorite movie is probably Anchorman.
4) I set a goal of 100 books to read this year though I’m a good 30 behind or so.
5) Every year I set a running mileage goal. Last year it was 1,000, this year it’s up to 1200.
6) I am rarely without a hoodie.
7) I participate in NaNoWriMo each year.
8) I once lost a staring contest to P. Diddy.
9) I speak English and a very broken Bengali (a language from the Indian state of West Bengal and the country of Bangladesh).
10) I once found bbq sandwiches smeared on the windshield of my car. Don’t know how they got there but I did manage to write a short story about it.
11) Anytime I see a mascot I have to have my picture taken with it.
Questions From Life Is Like A Dumpling for RoodonFood:
1. What is your favourite book?
Tough question. So many great books. It might be Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl. I guess it kind of counts as a foodie book too. On the foodie front, one of favorites is called Bengali Cooking: Seasons and Festivals by Chitrita Banerji
2. What is your most memorable dining experience?
The first time I tried harcho soup was incredible. It’s a hearty and sour soup (using pomegranate pulp) which I found mind blowing. I tried it at Primorski restaurant in Brighton Beach. It gave me a chance to catch up with an old friend over fresh Georgian cooking in a restaurant that turns into a dance club at night. (I wrote about it here)
3. Favourite cuisine?
Probably Indian. Honorable mentions: Thai, Mexican, Slovak and Southern/Soul.
4. What is your favourite meal of the day?
Definitely dinner because the day’s tasks are taken care of. It’s time to relax.
5. What is your least favourite food?
Kale Chips. Why do people like them? Kale is so much tastier in smoothies or sauteed.
6. Do you prefer cooking for yourself, or others?
Generally for myself but I’ve learned a lot more cooking for others.
7. Favourite blogs on the internet? A few that come to mind are Thug Kitchen, Vegan8Korean, Fried Neck Bones
Non-Food: John Scalzi, The Bloggess, and Wil Wheaton.
8. One place you would love to travel to?
Indonesia. For it’s culture, beaches and all kinds of food.
9. Casual dining or fine dining?
Casual dining. I like food to be unpretentious and delicious.
10. Salt or pepper?
11. Spicy food: yes or no? Yes but nothing too crazy.
The Liebster Award is awarded to blog that you love which have less than 200 followers. Here are the blogs I’d like to nominate:
Food Wine Yoga Travel
Sleeping with Lenin
Gluten Free Gourmand
French Girl Cuisine
This Was Dinner
Sweets and Beyond Orlando
Ria Lives Well
My Questions for the Nominees:
1) What is your absolute favorite meal?
2) What is your favorite spice?
3) What place would you most like to visit?
4) What do you do to relax?
5) Where do you live and what is the coolest place there?
6) What was your proudest moment?
7) What is your dream job?
8) What are your favorite TV Shows and movies?
9) What is your favorite book or author?
10)What is the best recipe on your site?
11) What super power would you most want and why?